NordCham Philippines, together with event partner KPMG has the pleasure to invite you to the Data Privacy Update at the KPMG Center (map here) on Thursday, April 27 at 8.30 – 10.00 AM.
-8.30 AM: Registration and light breakfast
-9.00 AM: Data Privacy Law in the Philippines – Overview of the law and how to comply
-9.45 AM: Q&A
-10.00 AM: Program ends
Data Privacy Law in the Philippines:
The deployment of privacy invasive technologies like Big Data, mobile apps, and customer profiling is growing, and the quantity and impact of privacy-related scandals are increasing. Organizations risk losing the trust of their clients and employees when personal data is not protected adequately. Moreover, the National Privacy Commission of the Philippines has intensified the oversight and enforcement actions on data protection. New rules and regulations are developed and released to effectively combat and prevent privacy issues. In this session, you will be able to get insights from a subject matter expert and determine how to comply with the data privacy law in the Philippines.
Only 40 slots available – confirm your participation now. Maximum of two representatives per company can be accommodated. No shows are billed at full cost.
Event DetailsLocation: The KPMG Center, 9/F 6787 Ayala Avenue Makati City 1226, PhilippinesDate: April 27, 2017Time: 8:30 am - 10:00 am
Admission FeesMember Fee: PHP 500Guest Fee: PHP 1,000
Jallain Marcel S. Manrique
Director, KPMG Philippines, R.G. Manabat & Co.
Jallain has 10 years of domestic and international experience in Information Technology Advisory services in the field of Financial Services, Manufacturing, TMT, pharmaceuticals, BPO/shared services. He is highly experienced in IT Project Management, IT Audit, Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Assessments including DLP, System and Process Integration (including Data Migration), Business Process Re-engineering through Automaton, ERP Implementations (e.g., SAP, Oracle, Netsuite) and Data Analytics.
• Director in charge of the IT Advisory services of KPMG Philippines which generally provides Information Risk Management (IRM) Audit, Technology Advisory, Information Security and other IT advisory services.
• Local Subject Matter Expert in IT Advisory and IRM engagements in assistance of external/internal audit which relates to the performance of General IT Controls Review (e.g., change management, access to programs and data, and computer operations) and Application Controls.
• Experienced in conducting audit in accordance with US and Japan Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX 404) and SSAE16/ SOC 1&2/ ISAE 3402 Type I and II.
• Experienced in project management for implementation of ERP such as SAP, Oracle, Netsuite, Acumatica and Navision. He served as a Project Manager for SAP ECC6 roll-out to several markets of a multinational pharmaceutical company.
• Managed technical assessment projects involving vulnerability assessment and penetration testing, network infrastructure review, and configuration review. Managed cybersecurity maturity assessment and security assessment in accordance with ISO 27001:2013 ISMS and COBIT5.
• Managed IT Strategy Review and Development projects, and developed consulting work for CIO of client organization.
• Conducted Business Process Review and Re-engineering for clients resulting in process optimization through automation and improvement on business controls.
• Experienced in performing highly complex data analytics through the use of ACL, IDEA and other related CAAT tools.
• Prior to joining KPMG, he was an IT Business Unit Head for a local BPO Company providing IT services such as: IT Managed Services, IT Assessments and Consulting, Systems Review and Process Improvements, Software Development and ERP Implementation Projects. He used to be the PMO Head overseeing and managing ERP implementation projects for clients from planning, business requirement definition, data migration, UAT/SIT/RT up to implementation.
Education, Licenses & Certifications
• B. S. Accountancy, Philippine School of Business Administration
• Masters in Technology Management, University of the Philippines – Diliman
• Certified Public Accountant, CPA
• Certified Information Systems Auditor, CISA
• Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control
• Lean Six Sigma – Green Belt
• ITIL V4 and PMP (trained; ongoing certification)
• Member, PICPA, ISACA