EU-Philippine Economic Ties: A New Chapter Unfolds
2016 marks one of the most exciting years yet for EU business in the Philippines – the beginning of negotiations for an EU-Philippine Free Trade Agreement, a new Administration and Congress, steady economic growth prospects and the run-up to the Philippines’ ASEAN chairmanship in 2017, make it a year full of opportunities. With this in mind, the EU-Philippines Business Network (EPBN) is organizing the EU-Philippines Business Summit 2016 with the theme “EU-Philippine Economic Ties: A New Chapter Unfolds” on October 4 2016, at the Makati Shangri-La, Manila. We are inviting you to join the most important trade forum to be attended by key figures from the government and private sector.
The forum will be a celebration of EU-Philippine trade and investment ties, in which we are expecting at least three hundred fifty (350) participants. The full day event will include two main components. The morning sessions will facilitate dialogues with the country’s leading decision makers – invitees will include the new President, the House Speaker and the Senate President – to identify their agenda of priorities for the new Administration and Congress, present our wish list for reforms through the handover of the 2nd edition of the EU-Philippine Advocacy Papers, and establish common goals and action points towards which we can work together in the next five years. The afternoon sessions will focus on the business opportunities that lie in the Philippines for EU businesses in six thriving sectors.
- To discuss regulations that are in place as well as changes necessary for trade
- To learn more about Philippine trade regulations
- To have the opportunity to discuss with government on relevant issues
- To know new guidelines/directions from the government
- To identify action points to be carried forward as joint priorities for the new Administration/ Congress and the EU business community in the Philippines
- To showcase business opportunities for EU businesses in high-growth sectors of the Philippines
See the full agenda here