NordCham profile: NordCham Philippines is the largest Nordic Chamber of Commerce in Asia with 120 members. In 2019, NordCham organized 24 events for the Nordic-Philippine business community, gathering over 3,000 participants. Our events provide a platform for the business community to exchange best practices and find new opportunities for collaboration, supporting our purpose of furthering economic relations between the Nordic countries and the Philippines.
NordCham’s signature events are the largest Crayfish Party in Asia, the Nordic Awards Night, and the Nordic Ambassadors’ Forum. We are now looking for a P&L responsible events manager to join the team and help us spur the growth of NordCham events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively as part of NordCham events committee to lay out long-range planning for upcoming year’s events and programs: create calendar, secure venues, create budgets and revenue forecasts
- Develop detailed timelines for each event and program; update throughout event process
- Work collaboratively with NordCham events committee to ensure programs engage our membership and community
- Develop and manage relationships with suppliers and sponsors across all events and programs
- Work with marketing team to fulfil all advertising and event promotion materials
Budget Management and P&L responsibility
- Work with the NordCham events committee to provide a budget for assigned event and/or program; provide Finance & Accounting with all revenues/expenditures; and ensure that an “actual to budget” is provided to key stakeholders
- Track and reconcile expense and revenue budgets for all events and programs in order to report in a timely manner
- Review all contracts to ensure price and terms meet event needs
- Ensure that events successfully reach sponsorship and ticket sales targets
- Manage sponsor relationships and handle all aspects of fulfilment: invoicing, securing sponsor logos and ensuring placement, as appropriate, on all communications.
Reporting: The Events Manager is P&L responsible for NordCham’s events business line, with NordCham Executive Director as the immediate supervisor. The Events Manager reports to the NordCham office in Makati.
Education and Experience: B.S. in Business, Marketing, or Event Administration and 4+ years relevant work experience in a B2B environment.
Other skills and abilities:
- Entrepreneurial, problem-solver mindset
- Well-developed negotiation and influencing skills.
- Refined interpersonal and networking skills.
- Ability to build strong and effective personal working relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while delivering high quality results
- Knowledge of the Nordic countries is a plus
Interested applicants can send CV and cover letter to NordCham Executive Director Mr. Joona Selin via email through: joona.selin(a)nordcham.com.ph no later than December 20, 2019.